100 families - Basic needs food/toiletries $50 Grocery Gift Card
100 children - Mental Health medical bills $100 grant
100 children - Summer/sports camp $100 tuition assistance grant
This project has been created to champion the lives of children & teens who have been impacted by the financial, mental, & physical detriments of the COVID 19 pandemic. We are coming together as a community of Washingtonians to offer a renewed sense of HOPE by raising funds to give equitable access to mental health supports, summer/sports camps that provide mental, physical, social & emotional development as well as COVID 19 relief for basic needs such as food & toiletry items for children & teens in Washington State. All donations will be collected through the Hopes & Dreams Foundation 501C3.
Families in WA state will have the opportunity to apply for a one time grant through the Hopes & Dreams Foundation that they can apply toward paying for medical bills for mental health services, summer/sports camps which provide mental, physical, social/emotional and or academic growth & development opportunities, or basic needs support for food & toiletry items for children ages birth – 18.
Service Project Details
Why – One of the greatest forms of compassion is ACTS of SERVICE. We are creating an opportunity for children in grades PreK – 12th to serve other children/families in need of mental health and basic needs supports through ART & fundraising.
What – Washington children/teens will be given a platform speak their truth and share their hearts through the creation of ART. Student artists are encouraged to focus on themes of hope, resiliency, community, empowerment or any other theme that resonates with the artist. Any child in grades PreK – 12th will have the freedom of choice to use any form of art such as drawing, painting, coloring, sketching, photography, poetry, song, dance, etc. to speak their truth.
Participants can take a picture/video of their artwork and post it to the “HYPE Project WA” Facebook page & upload their artwork here on this website. We will create a virtual art gallery to share messages of HOPE to inspire, comfort, support and encourage our community to continue to PERSEVERE and create opportunities to EMPOWER one another despite the challenges that this pandemic has brought upon our world.
*We ask that all submissions be free of inappropriate language and appropriate for all community members to view ages 4 and up.
When – Monday May 3 – May 10, 2021.
Who’s invited – All students in WA state.
How – Students direct family, friends and community members to this website to make a donation to view the VIRTUAL ART GALLERY. Viewers are encouraged to make a donation as an entrance fee similar to paying an entrance fee at a public museum such as the Tacoma Children’s museum, Seattle Art Museum, etc.
A special thank you to our community partners:
- Keegan Hall – Seattle Artist & Philanthropist - www.keeganhall.com
- Generation Wellness – www.generationwellness.com
- The Hopes & Dreams Foundation - http://thehopesanddreamsfoundationhadf.com/
- Legacy Sports Academy – www.mylegacyacademy.org
- Caleb Jermaine – Singer/artist from Tacoma - Caleb Jermaine Barsh | Facebook firstname.lastname@example.org & www.calebjermaine.com
- Applexus - https://www.applexus.com/
- Seattle Storm
- Seattle Mariners
- Browns Point United Methodist Church
- Twin Lakes Golf & Country Club
- Washington Health Care Authority - - - Subscribers and their spouses or domestic partners enrolled in SEBB medical coverage can participate in SmartHealth activities that support whole person well-being. Activities are aimed to help you manage stress, build resiliency, and adapt to change.. Eligible subscribers can qualify for the $125 SmartHealth wellness incentive. Eligible subscribers include school employees and SEBB Continuation Coverage subscribers. To learn more about SmartHealth eligibility, visit HCA’s website.
- Provenance Hotels
- The Cheeky Wreath - thecheekywreath.etsy.com
- Alisha Ostrander - Business Development at Redefine Dermatology – www.ayoder.myrandf.com
- Kariba Photography - https://www.karibaphotography.com/
- BEEHiVE Salon - https://www.beehivecutandcolorbar.com/
- Main Street Furniture Co - https://www.mainstreetfurniturecowallawalla.com/
- Public House 124 - https://ph124.com/
Muckleshoot Tribe -